Open Summer 2017
Palazzo Pizzo is located in the oldest quarter of Pizzo's centro storico next to the church Chiesa del Carmine. The breathtaking 180 degree sea views from the balcony and rooftop terrace are the highlight of the palazzo. On clear days you can spot the active volcanic island Stromboli, which makes the sunsets even more spectacular. - From this quiet residential area it is just a 2 minutes walk through narrow alleys to the lively piazza with a good choice of restaurants, bars, and shops. The beach below the castello is a 10-15 minutes walk across the piazza downhill. The international airport Lamezia is only 25km away. Our main house sleeps 6 - 8 people.
< click on image above to enlarge >
The house stretches over 3 floors and over 300 sqm (about 4,000 sq ft.). On the ground floor you find a large and luminous living and dining space with an open kitchen and high ceilings. The kitchen wall is tiled with colourful mediterranean ceramic tiles from Vietri. Two doors lead to the balcony where you can enjoy early morning sun and afternoon sun and sunsets throning over the sea with 180 degree views over the bay of St. Eufemia. The dining table indoor sits 8-10 people while the table on the balcony fits only 6 people. The kitchen islands sits 3 people. There are two large sofas and 2 chairs in the living area. A large bathroom features a toilet, bidet, large sink, shower and washing machine. Upstairs you will find 3 bedrooms each with its own bathroom and its own small balcony. One bedroom, suitable for children, has a bunk bed and a sofa bed. The others each have one 180 x 200 cm king size bed.
In case you need more space for more guest: The Palazzo has a private Residence that is located in the vaulted stone cellar below the house. The Residence has sole access to the garden terrace. It could sleep 2 - 4 extra persons (1 queen size bed, 1 sofa bed, both in an open living area), see details here: Palazzo Pizzo Residence.
In case you are interested in renting this extra space, this apartment needs to be booked separately, please check availability. Else we have another house just 5 minutes walk away from the palazzo that could sleep 2-3 guests in the Studio and 4 - 6 people in the Dependance.
Please note, both the Residence and main house are not suitable for small children and people with limited mobility due to its many stairs and location on the edge of a cliff!
You can reach the Palazzo by car in about 30 min from Lamezia international airport (SUF), 25km via autostrada A3. The Piazza della Repubblica, the main piazza in the historic centre of Pizzo, is a 2-3 minutes walk away. From the house to the beach at the Marina it is just a 10-15 minutes walk. Everything you might need during your stay is within walking distance. There is a good choice of bars, restaurants, fresh market and shops. You actually don't need a car while in Pizzo. From April to October there are usually "Ape"-taxis connecting the different areas of Pizzo - which are La Marinella, Piedigrotta, Centro Storico, and La Marina. However, if you stay more than a week and want to explore Calabria we recommend to rent a car. The nearest car rental agents are at Lamezia airport and Tropea. Scooters can be organised to be dropped and picked up in Pizzo. If you arrive by car please contact us in advance, our parking space is limited.
From Pizzo you can explore and discover the beautiful Costa degli Dei, the "Coast of the Gods" - with its crystal clear, turquoise sea and many different beaches, as well as the many little villages with Greek history, scattered over gentle Calabrian highlands with thousands of olive trees and forests. See our section about Calabria.
If you need a pick-up service from the airport or train station (extra charge) please let us know asap.
Please communicate at least 2 - 3 days prior to your check-in date your arrival time for the key-hand-over and house introduction. Check-in is from 15.00 to 20.00. Many thanks!
- Guests - 6 - 8
- Floor plan - about 300 sqm / 4,000 sq ft on 3 floors
- Renovation - 2006-2011
- Bed Rooms - 3
- Bathrooms - 5 (thereof 2 large, 2 medium and 1 small)
- Roof top Terrace - app. 50 sqm
- Balcony - app. 25 sqm.
- Kitchen - gas stove, oven, fridge, dishwasher, microwave, toaster
- Type of Beds - 2 king size bed (180 x 200cm), 1 bunk bed (80/120 x 200cm), 1 sofa bed (160 x 200cm);
- Secured Parking / Garage upon availability, please ask
- Air Condition in all 3 bedrooms
- Central Heating
- Hair Dryer
- Bed Linens
- Towels (large, medium, small + beach)
- Umbrella (for beach or roof terrace)
- Basic Amenities: shampoo, soap, toilet paper;
- Washing machine
- Dish Washer
- AC / Heating
- Fishing / Sport Fishing by boat
- Vicoli di Pizzo (walking the alleys)
- 10 Churches (including San Giorgio Dome and Piedigrotta)
- Castello Aragonese Murat
- Visiting artists' studios in Pizzo
- Archaeological Museum in the Castle of Vibo Valentia
- Discover Capo Vaticano
- Walk, shop and dine in Tropea
- Hike and swim at Paradiso del Sub
- Bath and lunch in Scilla
- Eolian Islands (day trip by boat)
- Stromboli by Night (by boat)
- Reggio Calabria & Museo Nazionale della Magna Grecia (day trip by train)
- Serra San Bruno (monastery and forest)
- Badolato (medieval village and lunch)
- Wine tasting in Ciro
- Read more about Pizzo and Calabria
- Airport Lamezia 25 km (30 min drive)
- Catania Airport (Sicily) app 3 h drive
- Naples Airport / Amalfi app 4 h drive
- Train Station 'Pizzo' 1 km
- Station 'Vibo Valentia - Pizzo' 3 km
- A3 Salerno-Reggio 5 km
- Nearest Beach 350 m, 10-15 min walk
- Nearest Church Carmine 2 m
- Restaurants & Bars 50 - 300 m
- Grocery & Alimentari 200 m
- Pharmacy 150 m
- Supermarket (Sidis) 2 km
- Hospital Vibo Valentia - 10 km
- Tropea 35 km by car or train
- Capo Vaticano - 50 min drive
- Scilla - 1 1/2h drive or by train
- Reggio Calabria - 1 1/2h by car or train
- Stromboli - full day trip by boat
No pets, no smoking indoor, no small children; check-in 3 pm to 8 pm, check-out 10 am; minimum stay 1 week;
Read more ...
Want to know more about Pizzo? What to do and where to eat? Check out our Pizzo guide on this website. We will also send our guests an updated guidebook in PDF file via email as well as provide a copy at the residence.
Want to go to a different beach every day? In our "Pizzo guide" there are listed some of the best beaches within 5-30 min drive. The closest beach is a 10-15 minutes walk from the residence, below the castello at La Marina.
Want to know what other guests think about their stay with us? Please have a look at our Guestbook.
Want to know what to pack? A light jacket or pashmina can serve well in a breezy summer night. Check the weather forecast for Pizzo:
Do you still have a question? Please contact us, we are looking forward hearing from you.